Benefits of using influencer marketing for ecommerce businesses
Projections suggest that by 2025, around 17% of all e-commerce sales will owe their success to social commerce. Additionally, the influencer's industry is predicted to soar to an astonishing $21.1 billion by 2023. Simply put, integrating the right influencer marketing tool can provide a substantial boost to your business's revenue.
- Right influencers adds a trusted, human touch to your e-commerce brand, enhancing customers' confidence in your products/services.
- Utilizing influencers and their audience provides an opportunity to broaden your customer base, with examples like Wealthsimple leveraging young celebrity influencers to attract millennials.
- Enhancing brand loyalty can be achieved by choosing the top influencers, as their cultivated fanbase loyalty can be channelled towards your brand through influencer partnerships.
- Influencer marketing helps ecommerce store to overcome modern marketing challenges such as ad-block usage and iOS updates that hinder traditional advertising and email marketing, as influencers can share brand information to an audience actively seeking their content.
- Influencer tools provide enhanced engagement and ROI compared to corporate social media accounts, making influencer marketing a cost-effective strategy for businesses.
Identifying the Right Influencers for Your Ecommerce Brand
Step 1: Learn the segment
Businesses pay influencers to promote their products or services on social media channels. Influencers, often boasting large follower counts, are trusted by their audiences, which makes them an ideal vehicle for brands to extend their reach.
It can be primarily categorised based on the influencer's audience:
Step 2: Uncovering the Best Influencers for Your Brand
There are several techniques to find influencers to create content, that align with your brand's ethos:
- Hashtag Research: Identifying the top industry-related hashtags can help you locate potential influencers in your field.
- Competitor Analysis: Research the influencers that your competitors are partnering with on different social channels. This gives you valuable insights into how they are utilising strategies.
- Brand Mentions Monitoring: Implement social listening tools to monitor brand mentions across different social media channels. These individuals can turn out to be the best influencers since they're already familiar with your brand and are loyal customers.
Step 3: Choosing the Right Influencers for Your Brand
After identifying potential influencers, it's crucial to select the right ones for your brand by considering these factors:
- Brand Fit: Ensure the influencers you pick mirror your brand values, resulting in more genuine and relatable influencer content.
- Engagement Rate: Consider the level of interaction an influencer receives from their audience to gauge their actual influence.
- Previous Sponsorships: Investigate the influencer's past brand collaborations. This provides insight into their consistency and quality of content creation.
Step 4: Utilising Tools for Influencer Discovery
For influencer discovery, tools like Phyllo can be of great help. Phyllo provides immediate access to a creator's profile information, offering regular updates which assist in choosing the right influencers. It's one of the best influencer marketing tools in the market.
Step 5: Deploying Effective Influencer Campaigns
Once you've selected suitable influencers, it's time to launch your influencer marketing campaign. You have the chance to build brand awareness, drive direct sales, and potentially find new customers. However, it's vital to track metrics using influencer marketing metrics to measure the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
As an example, Allbirds, the footwear company, partnered with influencers to showcase the versatility of its sneakers, and the campaign was a huge success.
In essence, with the correct influencers and accurate result tracking, influencer marketing can significantly boost your ecommerce store's reach and sales. This is why influencer marketing works and why it's becoming an increasingly preferred method of utilising influencers to promote ecommerce businesses.
Top 5 Effective Influencer Marketing Strategy for Ecommerce brands
A smart strategy for your ecommerce business is to leverage influencer marketing and create sponsored ads with social media influencers. Rather than using traditional advertisement channels, online sponsored ads with influencer campaigns offer a unique way to pique consumer interest. By placing the focus on the customer instead of the brand, these ads become a potent vehicle for your influencer campaign. It's an effective method to connect with your target audience.
This influencer marketing strategy involves a mutual relationship where an influencer earns cash for each sale they bring to your store. It's a fruitful way to leverage influencer marketing. With this approach, influencers can accumulate more revenue than with a conventional agreement, ensuring your strategic actions result in direct sales. It’s a solid way to ensure you’re not investing without clear, measurable objectives.
Social media platforms like Instagram have introduced an exciting way to collaborate with influencers. By allowing an Instagram influencer to "take over" your social media account, you can broaden your reach and visibility. It's a unique way to find influencers who connect with your target audience and share engaging, new content, making it a popular choice for an influencer campaign.
Physical events provide an excellent opportunity to connect with influencers and customers in a different, more intimate way. Social media influencers can attend these events and share their experiences on their platforms, adding a personal touch and reaching out to their followers. By selecting niche influencers who excel in these environments, you can boost your event's reach and efficacy.
Who doesn't love free stuff? Collaborating with influencers to host giveaways of your products is another effective influencer marketing strategy. Not only does this create excitement among your target audience, but it also raises awareness about your products. By incorporating your signature product along with newer or lesser-known items, you can introduce a variety of offerings to a broader audience.
Remember, the key to successful influencer marketing is to select the suitable influencers for your brand and to understand your target audience well. This understanding allows you to create campaigns that resonate with them, making your efforts in leveraging influencer marketing more successful.
Collaborating with Influencers to Drive Ecommerce Sales
Businesses can collaborate and establish long-term partnerships with influencers by following these strategies:
- Choosing the influencer: Selecting the suitable influencer for your brand is paramount. This involves researching and identifying those relevant influencers who share your brand's target audience, niche, tone and vision. Don't get caught up in the follower count or popularity. Instead, look for quality over quantity and relevance over reach. Using tools like Google Analytics can be beneficial in this stage.
- Clear and Respectful Communication: The next crucial step in building influencer relationships involves clear and respectful communication. Set your expectations, goals and guidelines from the start, and be transparent about your budget, timeline and deliverables. Respect their creative freedom and avoid being overly controlling. Remember, influencers aren’t your employees, they're your partners. Their creative input is vital to make influencer marketing work.
- Provide Value and Support: Providing value to influencers can go a long way in creating long-lasting relationships. Show appreciation for their work, offer fair compensation, incentives, recognition, and growth opportunities.
- Be Consistent and Reliable: To establish trust, be consistent and reliable. Maintain regular contact, fulfil your commitments and address any issues promptly. Show your influencers that they can depend on you and that you value their time and effort.
- Seek Feedback and Improvement: Measuring and evaluating the results of your influencer marketing campaigns using tools like Google Analytics can be crucial for improvement. Seek feedback from influencers, respect their expertise, and make the necessary changes. Always show willingness to learn and grow.
- Nurture the Relationship: Finally, build a genuine relationship with influencers. Show them that you care about them as individuals and not just business partners. Regularly send personalised messages, celebrate their achievements, and involve them in your brand's vision and mission.
By following these steps, whether you're collaborating with nano influencer, a macro influencer or an ecommerce influencer, you'll not only create brand awareness but also establish a meaningful relationship with the influencer. These relationships offer immense benefits ecommerce brands in the long run, as influencers can significantly boost brand visibility and trust among their followers.
How to use Influencer Marketing Platform for Ecommerce Business
Create an Influencer Database: The first step involves setting up a comprehensive database of influencers. This catalogue includes detailed information like their social media handles, contact information, interests, follower count, engagement rate, and price per post. By continuously updating this database, you can effortlessly pair your brand with the most suitable creators, leading to fruitful collaborations.
Thorough Influencer Verification: An important aspect to consider is the authenticity of influencers. By conducting comprehensive influencer verification, your platform can build stronger brand-influencer relationships and formulate better marketing strategies. The process helps in predicting returns accurately and saving the brand from any legal implications due to misrepresentation or false advertising.
Clear Goals and Expectations: Setting clear objectives for your influencer marketing campaign is essential. This not only clarifies the task for the influencers but also ensures alignment with your overall ecommerce business goals.
Continuous Tracking of Followers and Engagement: Consistently monitoring the follower count, likes, comments, and shares on your influencers' social media platforms is crucial. These metrics provide an insight into the influence they wield and helps identify potential collaborators.
Influencer Marketing ROI: Understanding your Return on Investment (ROI) for influencer marketing campaigns is critical. It gives you an idea of which campaigns and influencers deliver the best results and the expenditure involved in your influencer marketing efforts. To drive sales, consider the cost per action, total conversions, and total revenue. For brand awareness, measure reach, impressions, and website traffic.
Open Line of Communication: Establishing and maintaining a robust communication channel with your influencers is essential. Regular check-ins ensure both parties are satisfied with the collaboration, and any grievances can be addressed promptly.
Respecting Each Influencer's Process: Every influencer has a unique style and process. It is crucial to understand this process to avoid the influx of fake influencers with fake followers who do not deliver results. Understanding their needs, goals, and feedback preferences can ensure a smooth and productive collaboration.
Legal Requirements: Finally, staying abreast of the legal requirements in your country is essential. These rules vary and frequently change. Ensuring someone is tasked with this responsibility can protect your influencer marketing activities from any legal implications.
Case Studies: Ecommerce Brands Dominating with Influencer Marketing
Case Study 1: ICHIGO Inc.
ICHIGO Inc., a Japanese cultural product subscription service, launched an affiliate marketing program in 2022. The aim was to generate interest in their TokyoTreat and Sakuraco boxes by connecting with creators who were passionate about Japanese culture.
- Goal: Increase brand visibility and create a community of influential fans.
- Execution: Collaborated with creators of various sizes, offering them a commission or flat rate based on conversions.
- Results: The company increased its creator roster by 30 times and managed to run multiple creator campaigns every month.
Case Study 2: Branch Basics
Branch Basics, a company offering non-toxic cleaning products, aimed to increase its influencer programme to attract brand champions for authentic product endorsements.
- Goal: Enhance the influencer programme and use their content for marketing.
- Execution: Developed an affiliate and paid partnership model, giving free products to potential creators for genuine product endorsement.
- Results: With the support of the GRIN platform, they now manage 100-150 affiliates and 25 paid partners per month.
Case Study 3: Inkbox
Inkbox, a semi-permanent tattoo company, ran a gifting campaign to promote their extended Freehand Tattoo Marker collection in October 2022.
- Goal: Increase brand awareness and build positive sentiment.
- Execution: Products were sent to 200 creators to encourage them to organically post about the brand.
- Results: From this campaign, Inkbox accumulated 70+ creators and a reach of 800k+ from creator content.
Case Study 4: Cuts Clothing
Cuts, a premium clothing brand, implemented a product seeding campaign with nano and micro-influencers to enhance their social presence and brand awareness on TikTok.
- Goal: Generate high-performing content and reduce cost per acquisition (CPA).
- Execution: Assigned 1-2 themed TikTok videos per month to creators, with top performers offered extended partnerships.
- Results: The campaign produced over 30 original TikTok videos and maintained a post engagement rate of over 10%.
Each of these case studies illustrates the effectiveness of e-commerce marketing strategies in achieving various business goals.
How to Leverage Phyllo APIs for Ecommerce Influencer Marketing
Phyllo APIs offer a host of use cases across a range of industries, enhancing your operational capabilities:
- Creator Tools: Enable multiple influencers to create bespoke pages and manage content, enhancing your influencer program with Phyllo APIs.
- Influencer Discovery: Use Phyllo's platform to find the right influencers and build influencer lists for your campaigns.
- Creator Fintech: Leverage Phyllo APIs to provide financial services to influencers by accessing their verified income data.
- Performance Tracking: Monitor content and campaign performance using Phyllo APIs, giving marketing experts the insights they need for strategic adjustments.
- Social KYC: Use Phyllo APIs to enforce robust social identity verification across industries.
- In conclusion, influencer marketing has revolutionized e-commerce, offering numerous benefits such as increased brand awareness and sales. Identifying the influencers based on credibility, reach, and engagement is crucial. Implementing effective strategies like influencer takeovers and product reviews yields exceptional results. Building long-term collaborations with influencers fosters success. Utilizing influencer marketing platforms streamlines efforts, tracking campaigns and optimizing collaborations. Real-life case studies prove influencer marketing's remarkable impact. Embracing Phyllo APIs empowers e-commerce influencer marketing, amplifying reach and success. Influencer marketing is a dominant force that will continue to shape the e-commerce landscape, and businesses must harness its potential for continued growth and prosperity.