At insightIQ (“we”, “our” and “us”) we are committed to protecting your privacy, and support a general policy of openness about how we collect, store, process and disclose your personal information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We respect the privacy and sovereignty over personal information of data subjects. We process data only for specific purposes such as provision of services, legitimate interest, research & analytics. We collect and use personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our business and operations in addition to supplementing other services, including to:
- Provide you with personalized Services and a personalized experience on our Website and interactive communication;
- Provide you with timely and reliable Services;
- Do all the things necessary to administer those Services and the Website;
- Research, develop, manage, protect and improve those Services and the Website;
- Advise you about new products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you;
- to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- to enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
We may access, store and use Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services to you, including in connection with customer support matters.
We may request information from you during and/or after the registration process that insightIQ uses to provide better and more customized services to you. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you, and by creating an account on our platform, dashboard or any other service provided by insightIQ, you may allow others, including insightIQ, to identify you and to allow us to use your information in accordance with the Terms.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our affiliates or third parties. As an example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We do not share any personally identifiable information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Personal Information Disclosure
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you.
Further, your personal information may be disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- to protect the rights and property of insightIQ;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons; or
- with your consent.
We may share your personal information with service providers to provide technical support or to provide specific services, such as hosting our applications, maintenance services, database management, or payment processing. We will use contractual means to provide a comparable and adequate level of protection while the information is being processed by a service provider.
Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Information (as described below), we may disclose Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on insightIQ; (b) protect or defend the rights or property of insightIQ or users of our services; or (c) protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
insightIQ may disclose and/or transfer personal information in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of insightIQ or of any of the business or assets or shares of insightIQ or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services.
Knowledge and Consent
We will not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfil the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
Use or Disclosure for Marketing Purposes
If you have not opted out of receiving marketing materials, we may also use (but will not disclose) your personal information to promote and market additional goods, services and special offers from us, our affiliates and/or our business associates, including by means of direct marketing.
You can choose not to allow us to use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes by using the included unsubscribe mechanisms, indicating your preference when you sign up, or on the user settings page or by contacting us as outlined below (see “Contacting Us”).
When you visit our website, we place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on your web browser and later retrieve. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookies. Some browsers can be set to reject all cookies. If you choose to modify your browser in this manner, some pages of this website may not function properly.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
The security of your personal information is important to us, please advise our Privacy Officer immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
Any personal data that is stored with our third parties or other service providers, are held in secure servers in full compliance with international security requirements. We use appropriate levels of technical, organizational and contractual measures to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
insightIQ retains your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Once the purpose of the personal information is fulfilled, it is archived after deidentification, anonymisation and/or deleted.
Accessing, Correcting or Updating Your Information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of your personal information and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal information under certain circumstances, for example, if you consider that there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below). Such right of erasure/deletion has some exceptions which are elaborated further in our Terms of Service.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Your right to access or delete the personal information that we hold about you in some cases will not lead to entire erasure of overall personal information held. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to retain some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally-identifying information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides personally-identifying information through the Website represents to us that he, she, or they are 13 years of age or older. If we learn that personally-identifying information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through the Website or Platform, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a member of the Platform or Website or has otherwise transferred personally-identifying information to the Platform or Website, please contact Company using our contact information below to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted.
General Inquiries: [email protected]